In The Armour

Assalamu'alaikum. 


Outfit is just like an armour, in which we take a shield from our own worst enemy. It could be fear, insecurity, lack of confidence, to name a few. That's something I learned recently from watching a Korean drama series, "It's Okay To Not Be Okay", which erupted various kinds of emotions and left me drained for quite some time. 

I have aways been drawn to psychological approach since I first knew of it when I went to the IIUM Matriculation Centre donkey years ago. There I began to  dig into my deepest sorrows, learned to make peace with them and oh my, what a winding journey it was! I started to see things differently, view them from as many dimensions possible, from the sky above and the earth below, left right centre. I learned to forgive myself and not to beat myself up too much, which I keep learning up to date. I cried a river, flew to the moon, crashed into the ocean, hid in the cave, repeat. I struggled to say no and fumbled to say yes to lots of people, particularly when it came to love. 

Emotions are fragile, hence they tend to break every now and then but it's okay you see, not to be okay once in a while. It's equally okay to always take a shield in an armour or two as well. Go and find yours, be safe. 

~ Nai at Tak Pe Je.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mematikan Setem Hasil Di Hadapan Pesuruhjaya Sumpah

Dress Code Peguam Muslimah

Onak, Duri & Ranjau Kehidupan