Skirt Extenders


Assalamu’alaikum. The older I get, the more concerns I received from the Shariah Compliance Board at home about my attires, can you imagine? Not that I’m complaining or anything, knowing fully well that it’s for my own ‘benefits’ but it’s sure quite unnerving sometimes. I mean, they (referring to the ‘board committees’) don’t normally use friendly tone when disapproving, you know. Like when I was asked to change my ‘tight’ A-shape long skirt in cream by my husband (one of the 2 committees) before going off to Johor not so long ago, for example. Even the other committee (mom) was appalled then, ko rasa? 

After a while, he explained slowly in the car that the skirt was ‘revealing’ because of the colour tone and the fabric, too much concentrating on my figure. I said to my defence that my blouse was already covering my hips, but apparently still not decent enough. Reason being “my hips need more covering than that”, due to the size. I understand exactly what this was all about, apart from shariah compliance and all that excuses. So I decided to use skirt extenders so that I can wear all my work and casual outfits (as well as jogging pants) without stirring any unnecessary debates.

Now my mom seems to secretly applaud his son-in-law for doing her job easier in the Board, if you know what I mean. Here’s to more skirt extenders in the closet!

~ Nai @ Tak Pe Je.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mematikan Setem Hasil Di Hadapan Pesuruhjaya Sumpah

Dress Code Peguam Muslimah

Onak, Duri & Ranjau Kehidupan