Traditional Attire

Assalamu’alaikum. It’s been a while since we’re attending wedding functions, albeit still maintaining some Standard Ops Procedures. With the traditional attire theme, I showed up at our neighbour’s wedding reception recently donning vintage lace kebaya and Terengganu batik sarung. Seriously, I think I’ve always craved for old collections each time I open my wardrobe and then questioned myself: why do you buy new clothes anyway?


My sister once said that I had lost the ‘touch’ because my clothes weren’t as good as they used to be. Well, that’s because I had stopped buying good ones, I guess. Good ones usually need more budgets, if you know what I mean. Then maybe that’s why I tend to dig into old ones, now that makes perfect sense, somehow or rather.


The lace that I bought donkey years ago when Azieq was 4 or 5 years old really did the trick, much to my delight. I used to wear it with long black dress back then, before hanging it quietly unattended. Azieq didn’t quite match the theme, not even an issue for as long as he was being a good sport to be mummy’s date. And yeah, what a weird fashion nowadays to have distinctively different side of shoes! Oh my… I AM old! 


Bibik wore my vintage saree kurung that I gifted her quite sometime ago, with which she ‘mismatched’ yellow hijab. I would have picked lighter yellow if I were her, but what the heck, asalkan bahagia, tak pe je..!


I have lost some weight as I grew older, not sure it’s a good thing or not but I’m not complaining! At least I get to wear all those old clothes all over again, let’s just look it that way for now, shall we? There’s always a brighter side for everything, mind you.


My husband is still too traumatic to mingle with people after catching Covid-19, not that I blame him. I myself had the same experience of being miserably ill due to long covid, even but I’ve been so used to illnesses throughout my entire life to have any trauma. So when he sent us to represent him before the neighbours, I didn’t mind a bit. 


This weekend there’s another invitation from our different neighbour, let’s just see how it goes. Meantime, have a great day ahead and take care! 


~ Nai @ Tak Pe Je. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mematikan Setem Hasil Di Hadapan Pesuruhjaya Sumpah

Dress Code Peguam Muslimah

Onak, Duri & Ranjau Kehidupan