Team Bawal Fazura?

Assalamu’alaikum. How’s Syawal so far, you guys? (Apart from the surprised announcement, but of course). Actually I’ve kinda been missing this ‘guessing game’ of esok raya ke belum, that’s what made the excitement of waiting eagerly in front of the TV for the confirmation was all about. The penyimpan mohor-mohor thingy that used to mean so much for kiddos back then, if you know what I mean. The same element of ‘uncertainty’ that used to make our fore-parents more alert and well-equipped with the necessary preparations, just in case Ramadan would end a day earlier. This generation needs to learn not to take things for granted and be more disciplined in taking a least two steps ahead of everything, now shall we? 


Anyways, back to the title: are you one of the bawal teams for Eid? I didn’t buy any raya collection, so I just used a matching piece from the previous edition. I mean, I’m so done with keeping up with oh-the-latest-launch pieces, not going to subject myself to that kind of trend anymore, not at this age. I would love to however grab anything that is eye-catching, despite being latest or not so, as time goes by. Not only fazura’s, but also another favourite brand of mine, Ariani. I don’t even mind to wear any piece from 2, 3 or even 4 years back if it really suits me well for Eid. 


Just like I worn this square vintage piece for 2nd day of Eid to attend my sister-in-law’s open house, who cares if it’s out dated? In my diary it doesn’t even matter, as long as I feel good and happy donning it, off I go and hit the road. Even the baju kurung was made from vintage collection, from Bandung, Indonesia. I helped a friend to clear her stock of some unsold fabrics quite a number of years ago, maybe 4 years? Never got the chance to actually wear that very outfit, with the pandemic and movement restrictions and all, you see. The next thing you know, kerawang is now back in fashion so yeah, it’s a bonus to finally bring it out to play. 

It’s how you wear it, guys… and be confident in your own skin. Selamat Hari Raya Fitrah! 

Assalamu’alaikum. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mematikan Setem Hasil Di Hadapan Pesuruhjaya Sumpah

Dress Code Peguam Muslimah

Onak, Duri & Ranjau Kehidupan