6 Wonderful Apples

Assalamu’alaikum. I append herewith a few significant pictures that marked the most historical moments in my entire life this year, by far. 

1- Mom asked me to bring home some apples with specific request that my husband had to pick them. That was in the morning of July the 3rd 2022 Malaysian time, and it was a day earlier Swiss time. That night she was admitted to Hospital Ampang and the following day while I was at the Zurich International Airport with my two boys heading home, the doctor decided that she was going to be intubated to let her heart rest while treating the Respiratory Virus  that caused her already damaged lungs to severely collapse. Due to time difference and crazy long distance, we landed at KLIA on 5/7/2022 about 27 minutes after mom was intubated and there were loads of missed calls from my brother, attempting to invite me for the last video call beforehand.


2- What greeted me at the hospital that fateful evening was a death penalty, sending me right on the floor wanting to die. I said hello to her, telling her that I came to see her, sorry I had missed the video call, my sister was on her way from the UK, her relatives sent their regards and that I brought home her Swiss apples. I said that she had to wake up to eat them, at her own sweet time. Then I felt the surge of emotions never experienced before and I screamed so hard but not a sound came out. Sobbing was an understatement. I literally died that day. 


3- Then on 31/7/2022 she was transferred from the ICU to normal ward, congratulating my son for securing a place in the local university, saying that she really hoped to be discharged before his registration day. That day she had finally given the chance by the Universe to eat her requested apple, despite the the fact that it was in the form of shredded one because she was on soft diet.


4- Of course she later on got her wish granted by the Al-Mighty, being our rainbow of hopes, strength and perseverance and on 4/8/2022 she was safely home, two days before her eldest grandson’s registration day in Gambang. 

5- As much as I was delighted that my boy has now off to college, a piece of me was left with him on 6/8/2022. Bidding farewell has never seemed so hard. 



6- By 8/8/2022 the 6 apples were almost gone and every time I showed them to mom, she would grin ear to ear, breaking my heart with bittersweet joy. I would never view apples the same way anymore, that’s the least I promise you. 


7- Mom wanted me to accompany her for a follow up and physio-therapy at the hospital on 15/8/2022 and her wish was my command. She had to learn to walk again and the process gave me lumps in the throat, life is such a full circle so help me God! I bought a walking cane at the hospital’s pharmacy and the following day mom was already hard at work, practicing like a champion.



8- Later in the Monday evening I had a coffee date with my older boy, while stalking the younger one at his Instagram stories. 


Yes, the smile has returned somehow.


~ Nai @ Tak Pe Je.











 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mematikan Setem Hasil Di Hadapan Pesuruhjaya Sumpah

Dress Code Peguam Muslimah

Onak, Duri & Ranjau Kehidupan