Nai's Lamb Chop Recipe


Assalamu'alaikum. How's your Ramadan so far, you guys? Hope everyone is doing great, Insya Allah. Before I start thinking to put things together for today's iftar menu, I'd like to rant about yesterday's menu, now let's go straight into it, shall we? 

I had written down a recipe from the internet to marinate lamb chops Arab style, but somehow or rather I turned out adding the quantity of the original ingredients due to much, much larger portion of my chops at hand. Understandably, I just had to double everything up, sometimes tripple, so as to adjust to the current situations in the kitchen. And oh yes, I went an extra mile further by adding some red grape juice to the marinade, making it somewhat fusion la konon..!


And having said that, I have to admit that I didn't like the outcome of it, unfortunately. Thank God I had asked Bibik not to grill all the marinated chops, just enough to cater a few people at home yesterday. Then, immediately after nibbling some, I went right away to fix things up and customized the recipe my way. I added every available sauce in my humble kitchen, namely oyster sauce, black pepper sauce, chillie sauce, soy sauce and ketchup. Then I let it rest in the fridge right until 3 o'clock in the morning. There you go, padan muka nak Arab style sangat, kan? See the picture below: very pale-looking marinade before the total makeover. Sorry, I don't have any other pictures of the aftermath, though.


What greeted me was a handsomely marinated large bowl of lamb chops and very, very, very tasty meals for sahur. Makan kambing pagi-pagi buta kita, okay? Junior had his second servings and insisted not to eat any rice, which I disagreed, because he hadn't taken any rice since yesterday's iftar. He's such a lamb-eater to the max, always skipping any other meals when lambs are on the table. 

Good things always surface behind any disguise, you guys! Now I know how to prepare a superb fusion marinade for lamb chops, Alhamdulillah! May be you should have it a go, someday, who knows you're gonna love it just as much. That's it, thanks for keeping up with me. Until next time, Assalamu'alaikum.

~ Nai at Tak Pe Je.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mematikan Setem Hasil Di Hadapan Pesuruhjaya Sumpah

Dress Code Peguam Muslimah

Onak, Duri & Ranjau Kehidupan