Fighting Demons in Ramadan ~ A Boy's Perspective

Salam. I wanna share with you my 8 year old son's Ramadan Chart, as he called it. I saw the chart on the 25th Ramadan, when I woke up from a brief nap after work. He started counting the days for Eid-ul-Fitr since Day One. But only last week he revealed that he had made a calendar and crossed every end of the day that he managed to fast.  


Then he said, with his tired smile right into my eyes:
"Dah dekat raya, Mummy. Hebat tak Ajieq lawan Syaitan?"
(Almost Eid, Mummy. Haven't I been strong fighting Syaitan?)

That left me speechless. I juz nodded and hugged him ever so tightly.
Yes, he's been so strong fighting demons within his tender self during Ramadan.
Then he started to notice how he had missed numbers 27 and 28 in the chart. 
Never mind, I said. It doesn't even matter. And I told him how proud I was of him, how strong he'd been day in and day out this Ramadan.


That was him showing his 'muscle'. Ever so confidently, mind you. 
That was how a strong demons fighter looked like. Dare to say no?
^_^

Well, that's all for now, folks. Thanks for being with me, love you for that.
Until next time, Sayonara.

Much Love, TPJ.

  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mematikan Setem Hasil Di Hadapan Pesuruhjaya Sumpah

Dress Code Peguam Muslimah

Onak, Duri & Ranjau Kehidupan